Access the best productivity applications in the business with Microsoft Office 365. As a cloud-based productivity solution, Office 365 offers a healthy balance of go-anywhere convenience and robust security in the cloud.
With its integrated approach to data security, Office 365 helps clients work confidently, knowing sensitive data is covered at every stage. Insight offers multiple Office 365 plans to fit your needs, from basic Business Essentials to the robust capabilities of Office 365 E5.
Top features of Office 365
- Office productivity (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Hosted email (Exchange Online)
- Data storage (OneDrive & SharePoint)
- Messaging & conferencing (Skype)
- Project management (Project Online)
- Advanced Email Threat Protection (ATP)
- Identity management (Azure Active Directory)
- Advanced analytics (Power BI Pro)
Office 365 plans
For your convenience, Insight offers a number of Microsoft Office 365 plans with varying levels of functionality. No matter your level of service, every Insight subscription plan comes with our Basic support bundle, which includes 24/7 IT support for Office 365.
Insight also offers optional migration services and admin-on-behalf services to supplement your Office 365 subscription. See all our plans below and get more details on our Office 365 plans and pricing page.
Our top Office 365 plans:
- Office 365 Business Essentials
- Office 365 Enterprise E1
- Office 365 Enterprise E3
- Office 365 Enterprise E5
Office 365 security features
Microsoft takes a proactive, “assumed breach” approach to security, where threats are anticipated and scanned for round the clock. Using built-in cryptography and encryption, Office 365 secures data at rest and in transit. Office 365 includes these top security features:
- Granular admin controls for end-user access
- Multifactor authentication
- Role-based restrictions
- Device-based access restrictions
- Document-specific privacy & access controls
- Advanced anti-malware software
- Azure Active Directory data siloing
- Network-level DDoS detection and prevention
Additional security certifications
- Transport Layer Security/Secure Sockets Layer (TLS/SSL)
- Internet Protocol Security (IPSec)
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
Office 365 compliance certifications
- ISO 27001 & ISO 27018
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Acts (FERPA)
- European Union (EU) Model Clauses
- Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements No. 16 (SSAE 16)
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- Health Information Trust Alliance (HITRUST)
Office 365 migration services from Insight
Insight offers custom migration services to assist with Office 365 deployment. We offer two service levels: QuickStart Standard or QuickStart Advanced. Both service levels deliver fully functional Exchange Online email environments running on Microsoft Office 365 or Insight-hosted platforms.
QuickStart Standard includes:
- Office 365 Exchange implementation
- Active Directory synchronization & setup
- User(s) setup (up to 10 migrated)
- Administrative console training + 2 weeks of support
QuickStart Advanced includes:
- Every feature in QuickStart Standard
- Data migration from existing on-premise Exchange environment into Office 365
- Optional Active Directory Federated Services setup component
- Option Single Sign-On (SSO) capabilities
Frequently asked questions – Features & functionality
Q: Which applications does Office 365 include?
A: Every plan includes online versions of all the Office apps, including: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Exchange, SharePoint, Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams and Yammer. Every plan also includes basic email hosting and file storage, with more advanced plans offering HD videoconferencing, instant messaging and advanced analytics. There are eight plans to choose from, with each catering to a different need. Find the level that fits your company, browse our Office 365 offerings.
Q: How many different devices can each user have with one license?
A: Each Microsoft 365 license covers up to 5 phones, 5 tablets and 5 PCs per user.
Q: What are the minimum system requirements for Microsoft Office 365 migration?
A: For a successful migration, your company must have Exchange 2010 SP3 or later. You must also be using Outlook 2013 or later as anything older is no longer supported by Microsoft.
Frequently asked questions – package options
Q: What are the differences between Office 365 E3 and Office 365 E5?
A: Office 365 E5 includes some additional security and functionality features beyond what is offered with E3. Those additional features are:
- Advanced analytics (legal eDiscovery, MyAnalytics, Power BI Pro)
- Advanced security (Exchange Online advanced threat protection)
- Advanced data governance (auto classification, smart import etc.)
- Audio conferencing with dial-in number generation
- Optional add-on calling plan
- Voice capabilities
Q: What is the benefit of Insight’s Office 365 migration service?
A: Insight offers Office 365 deployment and migration services to help our clients:
- Ensure infrastructure readiness for cloud service access and performance
- Gain expert assistance with setup and configuration of services
- Learn the solution through demonstrations and knowledge transfers
- Migrate confidently with expert data migration guidance
- Validate the accessibility and stability of the Exchange Online environment
Q: What are admin-on-behalf services?
A: With Insight’s admin-on-behalf services, you never have to worry about managing your Office 365 subscription. Admin-on-behalf offers complete administration of Office 365, including: user management, domain management, security and compliance management and implementation of service changes.
Q: Does Insight offer hybrid cloud migration for Office 365?
A: Yes, Insight offers hybrid cloud migration services for Office 365. Our hybrid cloud migration is ideal for organizations that want to keep some data or users on-premises. Hybrid cloud allows businesses to take advantage of cloud technology, while keeping the most sensitive data securely on-premises.
Frequently asked questions – security
Q: How data-secure is Office 365?
A: Microsoft Office 365 is independently verified to meet rigorous security requirements including: ISO 27001, EU Model Clauses, HIPAA Business Associate Agreements, FERPA and the Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002.
Q: Who owns the data stored in Office 365?
A: Office 365 customers own and control their own data. Access to your data is strictly limited, non-destructive, logged and audited regularly. Microsoft does not mine or access your data for advertising purposes. Q: What security measures does Office 365 have in place to defend against external attacks?
A: Security is a main concern across the entire Microsoft landscape, including: hardware, software, physical datacenter security, security policies and controls and verification by independent auditors. Microsoft includes built-in security within every application in order to protect customer data and ensure highly available service. You also have the option to add custom layers of security through the customer controls in Office 365. Customer controls allow you to customize Office 365 to meet the specific security needs of your business.
Is your business ready to migrate with Office 365?
Get details about pricing and buying options on insight.com.